Crowns and Bridges
For those who have discolored, damaged, or misshapen teeth, one of the easiest solutions to fix the tooth is to cover it with a dental crown. Dental crowns are hollow caps in the shape of your teeth. They are built to perfectly fit inside your mouth to protect and strengthen the tooth against further use.
Dental Crowns at Karen Dental
To make a custom dental crown, we first need to make an impression of the damaged tooth and the surrounding area. The damaged tooth is then shaped to fit the crown and a temporary crown is placed over top of it until you can come back to get the permanent crown cemented in place.
Reasons to Get a Dental Crown
- Cover up large fillings or dental implants.
- Improve the look of your smile.
- Protect damaged and weak tooth from wear and decay.
- Protect a tooth after you’ve had a root canal.
How to Maintain a Dental CrownDental crowns usually last around 10 years if treated and cleaned properly, however some can last a lifetime. If you get a dental crown, remember to give it daily brushing and flossing, as well as regular dental checkups and professional cleaning.
Request your appointment at Karen Dental for your dental crown in Mississauga.
Having a hole in your smile can affect more than just your confidence. Missing teeth can impair your speaking and eating, and cause your remaining teeth to drift, leading to gum disease, dental cavities, jaw disorders and lower chewing efficiency. No matter the cause of your missing teeth, we can help you fill the gaps with a dental bridge.
Dental Bridges Options at Karen Dental
Several options are available depending on the type of teeth that remain on either side of the gap.
- Traditional dental bridges are used when you have two strong abutment teeth around the gap.
- Dental implants are used to attach a bridge if the gap is too large or if the abutment teeth are too weak to support a bridge.
- Bonded bridges are used when the front teeth are missing. The bridges are cemented to abutments so the support is invisible.